Harris provides full factory contractor depot support from initial development and fielding, all the way through operations, maintenance and, ultimately, disposal. Harris assists in deployment, planning, and support of any combination of product support from full contractor to full organic customer support.
Dedicated customer depots provide software maintenance and debugging, hardware repairs and upgrades, warranty and third-party maintenance agreement administration, trend analysis, and continuing sustainment engineering support.
Harris provides competitive supply chain management solutions. Depot personnel have the expertise and facilities to analyze system and operational requirements, identifying spares and other support needs, and offer a turnkey solution to supply management requirements. Site and supply point spares are established using available data such as identification, allocation, procurement, tracking and control, receiving, preservation and packing, stocking and restocking, warranty and maintenance agreement administration, and transportation.
On-Call Engineering Field Maintenance and Repair Services
In addition to providing superior Depot Support, Harris also provides On-Call Engineering Field Maintenance and Repair Services support as part of Systems Support Engineering, which may be provided as telephone support to customer staff and/or site visits as necessary and directed by the customer.
Generally, Harris personnel will make every effort to resolve any and all site issues such as diagnostic, analyses, research, and troubleshooting, through telephone support, before making a site visit.
Depot Support Highlight — AN/GSC 52 Modernization Program
Harris has provided customer-focused, depot level support for our strategic satellite communications customers since January 1996. The equipment Harris supports includes modernized Strategic Ground Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Terminal Systems around the globe such as the AN/FSC-78, the AN/FSC-79, the AN/GSC-39, the AN/GSC-52, and the AN/TSC-86.
The support requirements include:
- Troubleshooting/repair of failed equipment
- Quick-response replacement item shipments for field sites
- In-plant and on-site engineering support and limited design/procurement functions
To provide the above support, Harris depot support provides the following services:
- Stock, store, and issue materials.
- Maintain converters, systems, and restore terminal bench stock — including identifying, purchasing, receiving, inspecting, and stocking.
- Procure, receive, inspect and stock miscellaneous hardware as directed by the customer.
- Coordinate shipments of hardware to customer sites and supporting vendors.
- Storage/in-house movement of all hardware/kits sold to the customer and "shipped in place."
- Provide coordination of shipments of material from customer sites to Harris for modification or repair.
- Receive, inspect, store, and control of Government Furnished Equipment.
- Purchase material to maintain parts inventories.
- Kit spare parts for shipment to customer sites.
- Support CMA restock efforts including receiving, inspecting, testing, and stocking of CMA racks and components returned from installation sites.
- Repair and overhaul equipment.
- Receive, inspect, diagnose, test, disassemble, repair, refurbish, readjust, realign, calibrate, and overhaul equipment to functional operating condition.
- Test/verify performance of repaired/refurbished equipment.
- Engineering and logistics support.
- Maintain engineering support for evaluation of depot returned items.
- Support for site unique activities, maintenance, repairs, and engineering support as directed by the customer.
- Assemble, integrate, and test various items of support hardware as directed by the customer.
- Failure analysis support and failure reporting.
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and Technical manual support for depot activities.
- Configuration Management for ECO and drawing support.
- Software support as directed by the customer.
- Calibration of test equipment.
- Management and administration.
- Budgeting and scheduling of depot activities.
- Data management to ensure inputs to monthly report.
- Program management, administration, and clerical support to depot-related activities.
- Update and report inventory records utilizing the depot database.
- Commercial Asset Visibility (CAV) implementation.
- Subcontractor/vendor support as directed by the customer.
Features and Metrics
- 17,000 square feet of bonded storage/repair area located in the Malabar Manufacturing facility.
- Unique equipment test-beds: AN/FSC-78 Servo test bed and High Power Amplifier (HPA) test bed.
- Supports more than 78 fielded systems, plus geographic intermediate repair facilities and government depot facilities (Tobyhanna Army Depot, New Cumberland Army Depot).
- Maintains 2,000+ different line items (over 10,500 piece parts).
- Supports 95% of field requests in less than 96 hours.
- Over 5,000 total requests/shipments made since 1997.
For information regarding support of fielded systems (parts and assembly repairs), visit Fielded Systems Customer Support or contact Gail Sullivan, email@example.com, 321-729-7745